HeidiSQL is a free and open-source administration tool that can be used for Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL, MariaDB, and many others. The users can edit and see data and structures running on these database systems. It provides features to manage your desktop database actions like creating a database to exporting data as a dump file or CSV files while allowing connections to multiple local and remote database servers. There are a lot of rumors in the market about the security and safety of HeidiSQL but the fact is that it is absolutely safe to use HeidiSQL and there are no official complaints from the user’s end.
The good part about HeidiSQL is that it is a multi-language tool that is currently available in a large number of languages which may include English, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Bulgarian Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Swedish, Hungarian, Hebrew, French, Greek, Finnish, Spanish and many others. It’s been more than 15 years since HeidiSQL has been existing as open-source software and is properly maintained and improved with time.
The Prominent Features of HeidiSQL
HeidiSQL is an amazing administration tool that has been specifically designed to help users to manage their data. Here are some of the prominent features of HeidiSQL that make it the best choice for users:
- It is an open-source and free tool which means that you will not have to pay any price to use it.
- HeidiSQL supports multiple saved sessions with credentials and connections.
- It connects to multiple servers in one window.
- It passes SSL settings and connects through SSH settings.
- HeidiSQL has the ability to export databases to other servers or SQL files.
- The users also can edit tables in bulk using HeidiSQL.
- It can also run multiple queries at one time, with multiple subtabs for batch results.
- The users can transfer databases to SQL files through HeidiSQL.
- It manages the users’ data globally without any kind of security compromise.
- HeidiSQL can also manage users’ data by adding and removing their credentials.
- It is compatible with a large number of interfaces which may include IP/TCP, SSH, sockets (named pipes), and tunneling protocols.
Is HeidiSQL Free to Use?
This is the question that is asked frequently by users. With extreme digitization and transforming technologies, it has become an important task to manage the data which has increased the need for the applications like HeidiSQL. So the users often ask this question whether it is free to use HeidiSQL or if they will have to pay for it.
The answer is that HeidiSQL is absolutely free to use and the users will not have to pay to use it. You can easily download and install HeidiSQL and start using it without the need for spending anything out of your pocket.
How to Download and Install HeidiSQL
It is quite easy to download and install HeidiSQL as they have made the overall procedure quite simple for the users. We have taken some time to guide you step-by-step on how you can download and install HeidiSQL and then use it. Here are the quick and easy steps:
Step 1. Open HeidiSQL’s official website.
Step 2. On the top of the main page, you will see the option of ‘Downloads’ which you need to click.
Step 3. After selecting the download option, a new page will be opened where you should click ‘Installer, 32/64 Bit Command.’
Step 4. Just wait for some time and let the application be downloaded to your system.
Step 5. Now you should find the downloaded file on ‘Local Disk ©’ on your computer and click on it to start the installation process.
Step 6. After that, you can click on the main HeidiSQL installation file which will take a little time and it will be installed on your computer.
Advantages of Using HeidiSQL
HeidiSQL is an incredible tool that offers users a myriad of advantages. Here are some of the top benefits which you are going to get by using HeidiSQL:
- HeidiSQL supports a large number of databases, not only MySQL.
- HeidiSQL supports encrypted communication between server and client.
- HeidiSQL has a very pleasant user interface that is quite user-friendly.
- HeidiSQL is not based on PHP, which means that it automatically fixes a large number of issues and securities
In a nutshell, it would not be wrong to say that HeidiSQL is an amazing addition to data administration tools which has provided users with the option of managing their data without spending any money. HeidiSQL is highly user-friendly and lets users save and access their data within a few seconds. It is offering a large number of incredible features to users and it is highly recommended to interested persons to use HeidiSQL to manage their data safely.